Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Smoothie

Our family LOVES Jamba Juice but it is starting to get tough on our wallet as our family grows. We discovered that making smoothies at home is a lot kinder to our pocketbook AND it tastes just like the real Jamba Juice. So in our home we call smoothies "Jamba Juice." Here is a smoothie recipe from my mom.
I made this for daddy Friday night and he liked it a lot:

Smoothie
1 c. plain yogurt (you can buy it in larger containers so it comes out cheaper)
1 c. orange juice
1 c. strawberries (sliced and frozen-purchased)
1 frozen banana (cut-up and frozen)

Blend in blender. Yummo!

From Mommy D

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! My 3 year old loves smoothies from Jamba Juice too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Use the orange juice with calcium so you instantly get a "free boost." I tried another recipe, this one is non-dairy and daddy liked it, too: 1 c. frozen sliced strawberries, 1 frozen cut-up banana, 1 c. orange juice. This was really thick when I blended it but was really nice. I made two batches, one he drank, and the second I made ice-cake cubes in the ice tray so he could enjoy them later. I just need a jigger full and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete