Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Super Hero Birthday Party


My 8yr old daughter wanted a Super Hero Birthday Party last November.  I was stumped.  How many 8yr old girls want a Super Hero Party.  It had to be cool enough for both the boys and the girls.  I'm a lazy party thrower and cheap too so this is what I came up with.  As one of the party favors the kids would make and take home their very own shields!!!  (Above: the shields my three children made at the party.)

This is how I did it at the party...

First I let parents stay at all my parties to keep ME company and help.  Hee hee.  I did mention I'm a lazy party thrower right?  ;)


The children first had to decide what shape to make their shield then told one of the dads who then cut it out of cardboard.  Then I and a few of the moms punched four holes and with yarn attached the handle to the back of the shields.

Back view:

Front view:

Once the handles were attached the children's shields were ready to paint.  I just had them use tempera paint. Basic primary colors so they had to mix their own colors to make orange, purple, green, pink, etc.  I think it is more fun and more educational for them to mix their own colors.




The kids all seemed to have a blast and here are their final creations.


According to my 8yr old daughter her birthday was a success!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment