Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Nothing to Complain About...

One of my current business projects is an album that I am redoing. The original album was made in 1947 and is the sticky type that is horrible for pictures. Already in 2007 the pictures had faded a lot and were stuck fast and had mildew growing. I’m helping to redo it so that it last for decades to come. This album is about a lady I know as “Grandma Fong,” though she has no relation to me.

As I re-typed up Grandma Fong’s story I came to this passage. (Grandma Fong raised 15 children out of her 16 pregnancies in the early 1900’s while her husband was a very ambitious business man.)

“There were many long years of work involved in raising so many of us, and never once, MOM, did we hear you complain about the washing, ironing, cooking, and problems we must have brought your way. Your love came through, deep and clear and always sustained us when we needed you most.”

I later spoke with the youngest daughter, Mildred Wong, about this passage. When she was younger struggling with just four boys, she had asked her mother why she never complained. Grandma Fong’s answer was, “I look at each child as a gift from God and then there is nothing to complain about.”

I don’t know about you but I complain about most of the things that I have to do. I’m tired of doing so much laundry, even if I have a washing machine. I never iron. I hate cooking yet can’t think of ever living without a microwave. Cleaning takes so much time, even with a Swiffer, a vacuum, and all-purpose cleaners! Some days I feel I have so much to do that I ignore it and go check my email. I only have 3 kids!!! 15 children? That is unthinkable! You may not believe in God but no matter what, I do think that you'd agree that our children are special gifts. Gifts that I never want to loose, I can’t imagine life with out my three little monsters/angels. So do I have anything to complain about? I shouldn’t. It is all a matter of thinking.

I wish you luck this month with your many mommy adventures. Please enjoy your special gifts as much as you can for they grow up much too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment