Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Selling my hair...

My children and I are fund raising to make our goal to go to Disneyland.  One of my contributions is to sell my hair.  It has been a very interesting experience thus far.  

Originally I decided to grow my hair to sell for another purpose and that idea went into the trash can.  Anyways, once I decided to sell it I knew I had to take care of it.  With some research I found out a few facts to keep in mind once you decide to grow your hair to sell.
*Virgin hair is most desired.  So no perming, straightening, or coloring.
*If possible avoid blow drying, a curling iron, or any excessive heat on your hair.
*DON'T wash your hair everyday because this will strip your hair of the natural oils.
*Use gentle shampoo and conditioner for your hair.  No cheap stuff!
*Regular deep conditioning is great.
*A smoke free environment is good too!
*The longer your locks the more $$$ you'll get.  Many people like at least 20"

When your locks are long enough...
Take pictures.  Have a trusted friend who takes GOOD pictures take a few for you.  Take in natural lighting.  I think a nice background is cool too but not important.  Pictures to take:
1.  Your hair just straight down your back
2.  The thickness of your hair
3.  A measuring tape next to your hair to show the length
4.  A close up of your hair or your hair in a ponytail or braid.


Now choose a place to sell your hair.  I chose www.buyandsellhair.com for two reasons.  The first reason was because another friend sold her hair at this website.  The second reason is because after some research this was one of the more professional looking sites and mentioned the most by other reviewers.  I paid $24 to place an ad for 3 months (one-time listing fee of $14.50 for 3 months plus extra to get my ad "featured").  You'll want a Paypal account before making your ad.

Now write your ad.  I've seen people do paragraphs or bullet listings of the qualities of your hair.  This is what I wrote:  


I am selling my dark brown virgin hair to take my four children to Disneyland so that 2013 isn’t remembered as a sad year. Hopefully this money will allow us to stay in a Disney Hotel.
I live in Hawaii where the weather is almost always beautiful. I wash and condition my hair about twice a week. I don’t remember the last time I needed to blow dry my hair. I don’t use a curling iron or any excessive hair products. It has never been dyed, curled, straightened or permed.
My hair is naturally wavy when not brushed out. I am Japanese Caucasian so my hair has Asian thickness but with a softer texture. I live in a non-smoking or drinking household. I am four months pregnant so I take my vitamins daily. Before I was pregnant I took vitamins too.
I always get complements on my hair. Many women complement me on how beautiful the color or texture is, wishing they had my hair.
My hair will be cut by a professional salon upon confirmation of payment receipt through paypal. Cutting can be filmed or photographed if requested. Buyer will be responsible for shipping.

I posted the 3 pictures above and this one


In less than 12 hours of posting I got 3 interested buyers...this is what they emailed..."

Buyer 1:  "where would cutting 20" leave your hair? could you e-mail a few ponytail pics?"
Buyer 2:  "Great hair, what new style ?  Can you sell 24 + inches ?"
Buyer 3:  "Would you shave all your hairl off. Would you do a video of the haircut. Cann I make payments until all payed for I can do a $100.00 a month if that ok with you hope we make a deal. If you agree to this
can it be cut at a wal-Mart salon.

Buyer 1 & 2, I think I can work with.  Buyer 3 freaks me out.  I responded to all of them.  

To Buyer 3, I wrote:  "Thanks for your interest but I can't shave my head.  I need a professional cut for my occupation as a teacher.  I also would need full payment before the end of September."  
He replied "Could do $200.00 and go as short as you can not to hurt your occupation. Also can it be cut in barbershop not beauty salon. Let me if we have deal."

No comments:

Post a Comment