Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Kids Say the Cutest Things 3/30/09

For us Hawaii people we get "cold" when the temperature starts to reach the 70s. When it is in the upper 60s we are "freezing." This year our winter seemed extra long and the days of long pants and jackets seemed to never end. I think Rudy was getting tired of wearing long pants and jackets so he says to me one day, "Mommy, I want to live some place warm." I tell him trying to be serious and not giggle too much, "You do, Rudy." "No, I want to live some place warm all the time where there is no wind." Hmmm...I don't think he'd like that either! I wonder if Rudy will ever be able to live without his slippers, shorts, and t-shirts.

Zaya our four year old princess has a "boyfriend." On the way home from preschool one day, she tells me, "A boy kissed me." I say, "Huh?! Where?" She says, "On the lips." My gosh, she got her first kiss before me, I waited till 18 years old!!! She then goes on to tell me that his name is "Jason and he's my boyfriend." I tell her, "but you are only 4 years old." Her reply, "He's four too!" I say, "okay, but no more kissing." She says, "Okay." So everyday as she gets in the car she updates me with her day's adventures with her "boyfriend." Recently I decide to ask her another question, "Does Jason kiss anyone else?" She smiles and says, "Yes, Terah." Terah is her best friend. Smiling I say, "So Jason has TWO girlfriends." Zaya giggles and replies, "Yes." Thank goodness preschool is still innocent!

Kyra, our two year old is a silly little girl. She is definitely a girl by the way she talks and wants to talk about everything. A couple of weeks ago she went up to a friend in church and said, "I like your bag." Our friend was shocked and told me, "I've never had a two year old compliment me before." Yes, Kyra does compliment often. I get compliments like, "I like your nose." "I like your dress." "I like your tummy." "I like your leg." "I like your toe." I'm grateful that my baby girl "likes" every part of me!

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious that Rudy wants to live in a warmer place. If he only knew how FREEZING the mainland gets and how long their winters are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check my journals to see if I've recorded anything you've said that's cute :-) ... now that it's Easter I remember your squeaky voice singing your favorite song, "Easter Time." Thank you for sharing these sweet remembrances.

    ReplyDelete