Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Chapter 3: It's Okay to Take a Nap

"Becoming a well-rested mom can work wonders on our mood, outlook, and energy level"


I though I understood this chapter already until I read the whole chapter...I admit, I'm sleep deprived because of ME. It is no one's fault but my own. Like the author, I used to think that naps were a waste of time but not any more. My problem is getting to bed early. I love having my own free time to do what I want all by myself or spend individual time with my husband watching an big people movie or just talking without being interupted. I love the time after our children go to bed so much that I struggle with the thought of going to bed myself! Therefore, you get me, sleep deprived, with huge, dark circles under my eyes. So again, I have another chapter to work on...

The one part of the chapter that I "got" already is that taking naps is okay and sometimes a MUST! Especially when you are pregnant and your night sleep was disturbed by one of your babies or husband. Here are a few of my napping techniques and tips.
  1. Nap when the baby naps. (Of course this only is possible when you have one child, the baby!)
  2. All toddlers and babies go down to nap WITH you at the same time. Toddlers don't have a choice and sometimes you got to hold them down with you until they give in.
  3. If you need an earlier nap, put in the children's favorite movie, one that they zombie out and don't move an inch. The longer the better! Then find a comfortable spot near by. When the movie is done they will be sure to wake you up and tell you.
  4. Get someone to take care of your children while you take a nap. The best is to drop your kids off at a play date so the kids think that it is all about them when in reality it is all about you!
I do agree that when I go to sleep earlier I do feel much better and have a lot more patience! My goal is to at least be in my bed reading or writing by 10:30pm. Wish me luck! There is just so many fun things to do after the little ones are sleeping!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment