Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Teaching What Really Matters


I've been thinking a lot lately about what things I should be teaching my children. What things really matters the most? Then another question followed: What kind of person do I want my children to be? How do I teach my children values?

These are some of the answers I've come up with. I want to raise children who are honest, kind, respectful, know how to work hard yet work smart, and overall be good people.


The best way I can teach them is by my example. Watch what I say and what I do. I must also be readily available to talk and guide them as they go through different life experiences.


I also realize that if I want to teach respect, I shouldn't shrug off or ignore times my children purposely ignore me or speak rudely to me. I also shouldn't laugh at bad behavior because it only encourages the wrong behavior and verifies to the child that it is okay. For example, a two year old saying a swear word or hitting their older siblings. I must stop bad behavior right away before they become habits.


I pray everyday that I won't wake up to a grown man or woman and wonder who is this horrible person is that I call, my child. Being a parent, especially a mother is a very difficult job yet equally important. What we teach our children now, will impact our future to come. Good luck this month in your most important job ever, being the best Mommy that you can be. We are in this together!

No comments:

Post a Comment