Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


"Moments"

Definition of “Summer” for mothers, especially stay-at-home mothers with more than one child, is "ALL children home 24x7."

I remember the first time my mom registered my brother, sister, and I, up for Summer Fun. I recall her being extra cheerful and excited to have all three of us go to summer fun. At that time I thought it was excitement for us because we were going to have an amazing summer and make some great friends. Well, Summer Fun came and went. For various reasons, I hated it. The next summer my mom happily suggested Summer Fun again. I refused, and so did my siblings. My mom looked very disappointed. As a child, I was confused with her reaction but brushed it off.

Now as a mother of three young ones myself I understand her reactions. Yes, both of us LOVE our babies but sometimes caring for children 24x7 contained in a small apartment is VERY stressful. Constant bickering, yelling, screaming, whining, and crying can get on your nerves. Then trying to keep the home in an orderly state is almost impossible. If the house is too clean, the kids get bored. Then you need to somehow entertain the children with an activity indoors or go on an outing when everyone starts to get cabin fever. For a mother of many children, summers are exhausting.

This month, I’d like to share with you one way that I am staying sane this summer. On my daughter’s drawing tablet, I started taking notes from a talk I was listening to and had written, “Joys of motherhood comes in moments.” I guess I didn’t finish taking notes on this paper and Zaya had added a drawing to my quote. This is what the finished product looked like.

Sweet drawings like this make me stop and think how wonderful being a mommy is. Hugs, kisses, and hearing, “Mommy, I love you,” is what keeps me wanting to hang in there. These small moments do and will come all summer long. Look for them and embrace them for this is what being a mommy is all about.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, you only went for one summer. Was it another summer that we were stuck in our little two bedroom apartment for weeks because you each got the chicken pox one at a time? We survived it and I like to think we had some fun, too ... I hope.

    ReplyDelete