Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Magic Tree House #31: Summer of the Sea Serpent

Magic Tree House #31: Summer of the Sea Serpent (A Stepping Stone Book(TM))Magic Tree House #31: Summer of the Sea Serpent (A Stepping Stone Book by Mary Pope Osborne

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


I think this is a great book for kids ages 6-10 (depending on reading level).  It is about a boy & a girl (all kids can relate to one of them) that go on a quest.  They must follow directions, make choices, and be careful.  The descriptions are easy to understand and have just enough vocabulary words to challenge the children.  As Annie & Jack move "Onward" the reader also gets to learn new things.  This book I learned what a Selkie was.  I have never heard of this mythical creature before so it was interesting.  At the end of the book they expand a little more on a Selkie.  If my children are going to enjoy reading AND learn new things I'm all for it!  We will now be reading the Magic Tree House series but will be starting from #1 next.  :)



View all my reviews

Rudy's Rating (8 years old):  5 Stars
Zaya's Rating (6.5 years old):  5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment