Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


The Help

The HelpThe Help by Kathryn Stockett

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


I really enjoyed this book.  It made me laugh, get teary eyed, feel good, and feel frustration.  What really got me was the realization that life was like that, not so long ago.  Blacks lived like that in my parent's life time!  I am also grateful that things are better now, not perfect but better.  I'm grateful for my life even more and raising children to see all people as people no matter what they look like or where they are from.  I also really appreciated hearing from the author at the end of how and why she wrote a book that could be so controversial.  I look forward to the movie now.  If I don't cry I'll be shocked. 



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment