Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


2008 Christmas Greetings



Aloha and Merry Christmas to all our family, friends and loved ones. This year is coming to a close and as always it has been our pleasure to fill every one in on our family’s affairs. Although many challenges and changes took place in 2008, we know how much we’ve been blessed and are still as tight and intimate a family since Ruth and I were first married back in 2002. We continue to share a love for God, each other, our children and all our friends we hold near and dear to us.


Rudy (5) started kindergarten this year. He loves his teacher, and enjoys all the things he has been learning. He’s learning that reading and being read-to are two different adventures. He still prefers us reading stories at bedtime but his daily homework is a challenge: sounding out words and remembering his “sight words.” Rudy enjoys running more now so when he helps me take out the trash we enjoy racing back to the front door from the dumpster. I must admit he’s starting to get my heart racing more and more because as a good daddy, I never let him win.


Zaya (4) is rounding out the year doing very well both in school and sports. She’s managed to keep up with Rudy during their swimming lessons, is physically comparable to her older brother and is a sharp student in her Head Start class. She is a very talented artist, much like Rudy, and in her most recent test fulfilled a considerable level above the academic standards requisite at kindergarten level. Although she doesn’t like to go surfing with me, she loves going to the beach and swimming and showing me what she’s learned from her swim instructor, Uncle Kaipo.


Kyra (1) has been our miracle baby from the start. Her hip dysplacia condition has improved and her progress has been nothing short of miraculous. She learned to crawl, walk and climb faster than our first two children despite the very little encouragement on the part of Ruth and me. Her daily antics are enough to give Ruth and me gray hairs and high blood pressure, but her “never give-up” attitude and stubborn determination has taught us patience and has given us faith. Her favorite foods are fish, lettuce, fruits (no matter what kind), and whatever you’re eating.


It is an old cliché but I’ll use it anyway, Ruth (age unknown) is the rock of our family. She continues to be the best mommy for our children and the best wife for me. She was released from her assignment in the Relief Society Enrichment Committee and called to serve as a Counselor in the Primary to work with the nursery children and planning the Primary Presentation in October. With the change of Primary Presidents in early November, Ruth waits anxiously for a new calling (life seems meaningless without a job she’s said). Ruth continues to work her Creative Memories business and will soon make her goal of becoming a Unit Leader. She would have accomplished this goal sooner, however she became pregnant to our fourth child, due April 29, 2009, who by the looks of it appears to be a boy. She always said she never wanted to be a chauffer but she finds it necessary to bounce from locations picking up and dropping off children and things to keep her day running smoothly.


As for myself, Hiram (Kahana), I’ve been on a rollercoaster of highs and lows. I started the year in a transition period that would take me out of my job and into something else but in the end spent the last year working at the same place. I guess I’m still good for something. In church I was finally released from my service as a Sunday School Teacher. I had the joy of this assignment for less than a year. There’s a feeling a gratitude in my heart when class members say how much they loved my lessons and the sort of local style way in which I welcomed the spirit into our lessons. Although I will miss wearing the mantle of knowledge and understanding my new calling with the young men of our church will prove to be a challenge that will take every trick in the book. So far we had one campout in familiar territory for me, LAIE. We did fishing, made a campfire, roasted “smores,” and hiked to Laie Falls. The boys didn’t enjoy the hike up, but they did enjoy the “mud-fest” going back down covered in mud. I only foresee many more fun and educational activities for the future.


We hope you all had a very memorable and fulfilling year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


Love from us all,
The Noodle Sandwich Ohana.


Continue to see family updates on our blog http://noodlesandwich.blogspot.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment