Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


The Difference Between Winners and Whiners Is...

The Whiner says, "I don't know, and I'm sure nobody else knows, either."
The Winner says, "Let's find out."

When a Whiner makes a mistake, he says, "It wasn't my fault."
When a Winner makes a mistake, he says, "I'm, responsible, and I'm going to see what can be done to set things right."

A Winner feels responsible for more than his job calls for.
A Whiner says, "That's not my department."

A Winner says, "There ought to be a better way to do it."
A Whiner says, "That's the way it's always been done. Why change?"

A Winner paces himself and rarely bites off more than he can chew.
A Whiner has only two speeds - hysterical and lethargic.

A Winner says, "I could be a lot better, and I'm going to try to improve.
The Whiner says, "I'm not as bad as a lot of other people."

(By Sydney Harris "Chicago Daily News")

What are you? A Whiner or a Winner? I always want to be a Winner but I do sometimes find myself thinking like a Whiner..."I really could be a lot better, and I'm going to try to improve!"

Back to Favorite Quotes, Poems, & Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment