Sponsors

When two opposites meet, one wants noodles the other wants a sandwich. Put them together and you have a perfect meal.

E KOMO MAI and Be Happy


Super Mom

Feeling overwhelmed? Me, never! Ha Ha! In August(2007), I had to ground myself from the computer. Nothing was getting done in the house or with my other duties, Church callings, Creative Memories business, MOMS Club, etc. Stressed with the idea of so much to do and wondering how other mothers do it, I asked the ladies in one of the yahoo groups I’m in. Charity Hastings in California sent me a wonderful response:

“Speaking for myself, I don't do it all - at least not at the same time. Sometimes I'm a great Mom - play with the kids, take them to the zoo, read with them, go to the park; sometimes I'm a great housekeeper - clean the home till it shines, do all the laundry, have lots of great healthy food in the house, sometimes I'm a great CMC (Creative Memories Consultant) - service my customers, host lots of crops, send them inspiration by way of email; sometimes I'm a great employee, sometimes I'm a great member of our local mothers club, fulfilling my duties on the steering committee, etc. - BUT NOT ALL IN THE SAME DAY!!! On the days I play with the kids, the house is a mess; on the days I clean, the kids are a mess. It is true, once they are in school there is more time to do the chores without guilt/interruption, but do not wish this precious time away. Sit back and have a cup of coffee and watch them play for a while. The housework, committee duties, laundry, and cooking won't be going anywhere - but the babies will.”

I think about Charity’s advice often. I sometimes dream about being a “Super Mom” but I am realizing for myself that I want to be a “Super Mom” to my children, not to everyone else out there. As long as my children think I’m Super because I love them and I’m there when they need me, I have succeeded as a mother. I think you are a “Super Mom” so don’t let yourself convince you other wise

No comments:

Post a Comment